Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One of privileges as mommy of babies are those sweet moments when they lie on my chest to sleep. Even though they are nearing 20 pounds, somehow they are not too heavy for my petite frame. I love inhaling their freshly-shampooed hair and holding their smooth, chubby little legs. Precious moments that I also shared with Taran, and ones that I will never forget.

I also get the craziest thoughts while drifting into blissful sleep with them. My latest is that my kids are like a cookie-brownie bar, with two layers of a cream - one in the middle, and one on top. The cream is delicate and fluffy, and very light in texture. These layers represent the babies - delicate and sweet, but not very durable and with many needs. Taran is the cookie foundation of the bar. He is the most durable, dependable, and independent of the three, and is indeed my little helper. As the bottom of the bar, however, he is the most handled and prone to the most 'damage' - between scraping him from the pan with the spatula to sitting him on the plate. I forget sometimes that he is only 4, and has unique needs, especially now as an older brother to two babies.

My prayer is that I'd be able to meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of all my children, and find a balance and harmony among all of us. God does not give us more than we can handle, and if he thinks I can maintain my precious cookie-brownie bar and give it all the love and attention it needs, then, by God's grace and through His strength, I can do it :)

No comments: